IF YOU’RE A PARENT, (OR GRANDPARENT OR CARER) YOU ALREADY KNOW BAD DESIGN. The plastic toys given by relatives that a six-month-old couldn’t possibly function. The pots n pans toy set with inane music ‘feature’ because manufacturers are worried simple pots and pans aren’t good enough. Child toilet seats that don’t fit the loo. The high chairs with crevices you can’t retrieve food out of. The universality of pink for little girls at the expense of all other colour. The books with illustrations that just aren’t nice…
LittleBig was born out of the desire to point parents in the direction of good design for children in all things from books (some of which you can buy in our Amazon store), to interior decoration, via everyday tools for eating, and art for your child’s walls. The idea being that you don’t have to trawl the web or shops yourself to find a wallpaper for your nursery that doesn’t offend you own style values, but that will stimulate your child’s imagination too…
We’re not just in this for looks. Great-looking design has the power to make us feel good about our, and our kids’, environment but great-functioning design makes our lives truly easier. We don’t believe good design is good design unless it works. Life with kids is complicated enough.
We hope our magazine is useful and inspiring. Let us know your own design hates and loves – they may inspire a feature or two. And do let us know if the magazine works for you… Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Things you probably need to know:
1. All editorial is the personal opinion of the writer. Your comments and criticism are of course welcome. We will immediately remedy any factual inaccuracies if pointed out.
2. Our Shop. We stock occasional problem-solving or fun designs that inspire us and will hopefully inspire you. We accept payment by Paypal, which includes all major credit cards. You DO NOT need to subscribe to Paypal to use the secure payment portal – just follow the easy instructions to pay securely by credit card. Our postage costs are kept to a minimum, and we use Royal Mail except where a courier service/Parcelforce is more appropriate. UK postage costs are £3 per order and not per item. Courier items may cost more.
3. Please email for details of international postage costs and taxation.
4. Please note you have the right to return a bought item to us within 7 working days of receipt provided goods are returned in a re-saleable, unused condition in their original packaging. Please email us before you return an item for instructions on how to do so. It is the responsibility of the buyer to return an item by post, but we cannot cover return postage costs, nor can we refund original postage costs where an item is simply unwanted. We recommend you pack returned goods well, and obtain proof of mailing. Items should be checked over within 24 hours of receipt, and any breakages / damages notified to us immediately.
5. Our Amazon store is our favourite Amazon books and toys. Your purchase in our Amazon store is processed through Amazon in the normal way. We receive a small percentage for recommending the book / dvd / toy, which helps us fund this site.
6. Please contact us regarding advertising and sponsorship opportunities and costs on email@example.com. Or anything else you like!
LittleBig is a subsidiary of Jenny Dalton, 138 Weymede, Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 7DJ.